Our Child Protection Procedures
All members of staff have the responsibilityto follow Edinburgh and Lothians Inter-Agency Child Protection Procedures.
Copies of the procedures are held in:
Head teacher's office, Pupil Support office and the Library.
Designated members of staff for child protection are:
Caroline Bleach, Dawn Fleming and Gemma Thomson.
Action procedures for managing a disclosure are in the school Child Protection Policy and Edinburgh and Lothian Inter-Agency Procedures.
When faced with a disclosure or concern
- do not guarantee confidentiality.
- be receptive and reassuring.
- sign and date hand written record of concerns noting the time when the matter was passed to DMS.
- share your concerns with the DMS the same day.
Where the DMS is unavailable you must not delay but make a referral immediately to one of the Core Agencies:
- Social Work: 01506 282252
- Police: 01506 833835
- Health: 01506 524412
Child Sexual Exploitation - Information for Parents/Carers